3 Tips for Choosing A Dependable Criminal Defense Attorney for Your Needs
The Lynch Law Group is a trusted criminal defense attorney Dekalb County GA offers to those who have been charged with a crime. Formerly a criminal defense attorney with the Dekalb County Public Defender’s Office, Andrew now has his own private practice representing clients.
If you have been charged with a criminal offense, you may need a Dekalb County criminal defense attorney to represent you. Defending oneself is possible but often not advisable. Hiring a public defender is not always a good alternative, as many public defenders are overworked and unable to provide their clients dedicated attention. To help you choose the best criminal defense attorney for your needs, consider following these four suggestions:
Determine if you need a defense attorney.
When facing criminal charges, even minor ones, legal advice is recommended. A criminal defense attorney Dekalb County GA citizens turn to for legal counsel may help you understand the charges you’re facing. If there is a possibility of a plea bargain, they should let you know that as well.
- It’s especially important to hire a defense attorney if you are facing a felony charge, which is common for armed robbery, murder, and other violent crimes.
- Hiring a defense attorney may be less necessary for minor charges (such as misdemeanors), but a simple one-time consultation before appearing in court on your own may not be sufficient. If your budget can afford a criminal defense attorney in Dekalb County GA, hiring an attorney could be invaluable.
- When charged with a small infraction, such as a traffic violation, an attorney may not be usually necessary.
Decide what type of attorney is best for your situation.
Attorneys often have more knowledge and experience in certain areas of the law than in others. They may also be licensed to practice in state and/or federal courts. For example, The Lynch Law Group may represent clients on all levels of Georgia’s Federal and State courts. That includes the Georgia Supreme Court, Municipal Court, Federal District Court, Superior Court, State Court, Magistrate Court, Recorder’s Court, and Court of Appeals.
- If you’re facing federal criminal charges, hire a criminal defense attorney Dekalb County GA defendants choose for more complex cases. A federal case generally requires more focus and time to defend, which rules out adequate defense from many public defenders.
- Unfortunately, some lawyers will overcommit. Be sure your attorney can give your case the proper attention. At the The Lynch Law Group, P.C., we don’t accept cases if we can’t dedicate the necessary resources to our clients.
Choose a criminal defense attorney who understands the area of law specific to your case.
Not all defense attorneys are equipped to handle certain cases, so confirm that your attorney has handled cases similar to yours.
- Different types of criminal charges may include drug crimes, violent crimes, white collar crimes, alcohol-related crimes, and public nuisance crimes.
- Select a criminal defense attorney Dekalb County GA residents have used successfully in the past. The Lynch Law Group has a long list of satisfied clients.
Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been charged with a crime, it’s critically important to hire a dependable lawyer you can afford. Consider it one of the most important investments for your future. A long prison sentence could negatively impact every aspect of your life and your family members’ lives.
You owe it to yourself to thoroughly consider your legal options. Contact the legal firm of The Lynch Law Group today for a free consultation with a criminal defense attorney Dekalb County GA citizens trust.