After being convicted of a crime many people are sentenced to probation. Probation is literally a sentence where you are not required to spend the time in jail or prison. The Court has discretion to also sentence you to many other terms of probation. If all things go well the Defendant will likely never see his or her judge again. When there is an allegation that the terms and conditions of probation have not been completed a probationer will very likely be brought back to court on a probation violation. This can lead to a long jail or prison sentence.
Probation violations result for the following reasons:
- Failing to report to your probation officer or court
- Failing to appear in court when scheduled
- Failing to pay a fine or court fee
- Failing to comply with a court order
- Failing to submit to a mandatory drug test
- Failing a drug test
- Failing to complete community service
- Committing another offense during your probation
- Associating with other criminal offenders
Being brought to court on a probation violation is a terrible experience. At The Lynch Law Group, we have handled hundreds of probation violations and we will fight hard to protect you from being incarcerated. Contact the The Lynch Law Group today.
Understanding The Role Of A Probation Attorney
Probation can provide individuals with a second chance to reintegrate into society after a criminal conviction. However, it comes with strict rules and conditions. Unfortunately, even minor slip-ups or misunderstandings can lead to probation violations, which can have serious consequences. That’s where a skilled probation violation attorney can make all the difference and why you should contact one today from The Lynch Law Group in Georgia.
The Consequences Of A Probation Violation
When you’re on probation in Georgia, you’re essentially under the court’s supervision and must adhere to certain conditions. Common probation terms include regular check-ins with a probation officer, drug tests, community service, and staying out of legal trouble. If you violate any of these terms, you could face severe consequences, such as:
- Reimprisonment: One of the most significant consequences of a probation violation is the possibility of being sent back to jail or prison to serve the remainder of your original sentence.
- Extended Probation: A judge may choose to extend your probation period, which means more time under supervision and additional conditions to meet.
- Harsher Terms: A probation violation can lead to stricter probation terms, making it even more challenging to complete successfully.
- New Charges: Committing a new offense while on probation can result in additional criminal charges, compounding your legal troubles.
- Loss of Opportunities: A probation violation can negatively impact your ability to secure employment, housing, or educational opportunities.
Why You Need An Attorney
Navigating the complexities of probation violations on your own can be daunting and risky. A Decatur, GA probation violation attorney can provide invaluable assistance in the following ways:
- Legal Expertise: Our attorneys have a deep understanding of probation laws and regulations, ensuring that your case is handled knowledgeably and effectively.
- Investigation: We will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your alleged violation, gathering evidence to support your defense.
- Negotiation: We can negotiate with probation officers and the court to reach a favorable resolution, potentially minimizing the consequences you face.
- Court Representation: If your case goes to court, our skilled attorneys will provide strong representation, advocating for your rights and interests.
- Customized Strategies: Each probation violation case is unique, and we will tailor our approach to your specific situation, seeking the best possible outcome.
Trust Our Firm For Your Probation Violation Defense
When you’re facing a probation violation, you need a legal team with experience, knowledge, and a track record of success. Our firm has a dedicated team of attorneys who are ready to stand by your side and fight for your rights. With us, you’re not alone in this challenging situation.
Contact Us Today
Don’t let a probation violation jeopardize your freedom and future opportunities. Reach out to The Lynch Law Group for a confidential consultation with our probation violation attorneys. We are here to provide you with the expert legal representation and support you need to navigate this difficult time. Don’t wait; take action today to protect your rights and secure your future.
“ndrew is truly great at what he does . During our consultation he was competent in the law and provided me with real expectations about what could happen in court. Andrew kept his word that he would do his best to help me. This meant the world to me especially because I am a single mother of three children. I recommend him as a lawyer to anyone who requests legal services.”