Criminal Offense Lawyer for Drug Crimes
If you have been charged with a drug crime, you should think about hiring a drug lawyer Dekalb County GA clients trust like Andrew Lynch. Guided by a vast knowledge of the legal system and years of experience in handling drug-related cases, the law firm of Andrew R. Lynch P.C. has built a sound reputation throughout the Dekalb County area and is well known for the ability to secure a favorable outcome for clients, regardless of the evidence stacked against them.
Realistically, you should not waste anymore time in thinking about whether or not to hire a drug lawyer Dekalb County GA locals rely on. Call (404) 373-7735 now!
Introduction to Drug Crimes
Drug crimes are some of the most common offenses in today’s society. These crimes can be tried by the state or federal government and as a felony or misdemeanor, depending on various circumstances.
There are four standard types of drug-related crimes. These are:
- Possession of a drug;
- Manufacturing of a drug;
- Transportation or distribution of a drug; and
- Selling of a drug.
Many offenses involve a combination of two or more drug-related crimes; for example, possession with the intent to sell. The most common drugs included in drug offenses include:
- Prescription medications
Other drugs that may be prosecutable under state and federal laws include LSD, ecstasy, and bath salts.
Misdemeanor vs. Felony Drug Crimes
Depending on the drug and offense committed, a drug crime can be a felony or misdemeanor. A misdemeanor is considered to be a lesser crime and typically carries penalties like fines, short jail sentences, probation, and community service. A felony is generally much more serious and might include penalties like heavy fines and long-term prison sentences.
In most cases, a first-time offender of possession will be charged with a misdemeanor, but this will be dependent upon the factors of your situation. Generally, when a case involves a large amount of drugs, or allegations of selling are involved, there is a greater chance that felony charges will be a factor. As a drug lawyer Dekalb County GA families depend on can explain, this could also expose you to a jail or prison sentence.
Why Hire a Top Drug Lawyer Dekalb County GA Residents Recommend
The best way to have your case dismissed is to hire a drug lawyer in Dekalb County GA. Although nothing is guaranteed, a lawyer will know how to challenge various elements that may be present in your case. The benefits of hiring a lawyer include:
- Helping you to negotiate a deal;
- Determining a good sentencing program (i.e. reduction in jail time, with added rehab);
- Give you a realistic, honest opinion of the situation and outcome;
- Offer insight as to how a trial might go;
- Point out relevant legal rules or regulations you might not know about;
- Determine whether or not your rights were violated;
- Navigate your case through the legal system;
- Explain the “costs” that might come along with a guilty plea;
- Be able to gather evidence, witness statements, other other things that may be useful to your defense;
- Hire investigators the can investigate your case and the witnesses called upon by the prosecutor; and
- Hire expert witnesses that may be able to show your innocence or rebut evidence.
Andrew R. Lynch P.C. Is On Your Side
It is not recommended that you pursue your drug crimes without a good Dekalb County GA drug lawyer on your side. If you would like to learn more about what options might be available for your case, please call (404) 373-7735 to speak with a drug lawyer Dekalb County GA provides from Andrew R. Lynch P.C.