The Law Office of Andrew R. Lynch aggressively defends those accused of sex crimes. Being convicted of a sex crime can lead to prison, probation, and restrictions on where you live and where you can work. The law office of Andrew R. Lynch has experience helping people through these very serious cases. Sex crimes under Georgia law include:
- Statutory Rape
- Child Molestation
- Aggravated Child Molestation
- Enticement of a Child for Indecent Purposes
- Sexual Assault
- Public Indecency
- Computer or Electronic Pornography and Child Exploitation
At the Law Office of Andrew R. Lynch, we prepare every case as if it is going to trial. We do this by learning as much about you, your case, and your goal for your case as possible. We investigate the officers, evidence, and witnesses involved in your case. Armed with this information, we will build a legal and factual trial defense for your jury. The process of preparing a case for trial and learning the weaknesses in the State’s evidence, enables us to get many cases dismissed or reduced to a lesser charge long before trial.
Sex Offender Registration Requirements
Being convicted of a sex crime can lead to registering as a sex offender and limitation on where you can work or live. Georgia’s sex offender registration requirements were changed in 2010 by the legislature. If convicted the following restrictions may apply to you. If the conviction leading to registration occured on or after July 1, 2008:
1. You cannot live within 1,000 feet of a child care facility, church, school, public park, recreation facility, playground, skating rink, neighborhood center, gym, school bus stop, public library, or public pool.
2. You cannot be employed or volunteer at any child care facility, school or church, or any place within a 1,000 feet of one.
Being charged and prosecuted for a sex crime is a terrible experience. If you are convicted it can affect you for years to come, long after the days in prison are over and the time spent on probation has ended. At the Law Office of Andrew R. Lynch, we fight hard to protect you from being convicted. We prepare every case as if it is going to trial because this how we are able to obtain the best outcome for you.