Decatur Attorney The Lynch Law Group, P.C
The Lynch Law Group is the kind of licensed and skilled Decatur attorney you may need when you’ve been charged with a crime. People who have been accused of a criminal act may find themselves embroiled in serious legal matters which could lead to large fines, permanent records, or jail time. It is the duty of an attorney to investigate your case, file paperwork, and build a strong argument to defend the charges levied against you.
Whether you’ve been charged with a misdemeanor or a felony, the United States Constitution gives you the right to legal representation. When it comes to choosing an attorney Decatur GA residents should ensure the law firm is well established and prepared to fight tooth and nail for clients. The Lynch Law Group works diligently to ensure every client’s rights are protected to their fullest. If you are concerned about receiving consequences from being charged with a crime, you should waste no time in finding a Decatur attorney.
Meet Decatur The Lynch Law Group
For decades The Lynch Law Group has been helping clients with cases in a variety of areas. Some of the reasons why people turn to an attorney in Decatur like The Lynch Law Group are these:
- Andrew has been named as Georgia’s Top Lawyers since 2012
- He has been awarded the status of “AV Preeminent”
- He can practice at all levels of Georgia’s Federal and State courts
- Andrew has years of felony and misdemeanor trial experience
- He is aggressive, honest, and determined
The Benefits of Hiring a Decatur Attorney
There are many reasons to hire a Decatur attorney, especially when you have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony. Some of those benefits include:
- A Decatur attorney knows the legal system
- They know how to defend the accused
- An attorney can design a strategy unique to your own situation
- He or she might protect you against heavy penalties
- Risks can be mitigated, especially when you hire a Decatur attorney sooner
- Some work can be delegated to other staff members
- You might save money in the long run
- You can receive valuable legal support
The Lynch Law Group is the kind of Decatur attorney men, women, parents, guardians, and adolescents turn to for legal advice. When you call our firm, you can expect to be listened to and guided in the right direction. Due to the time constraints often associated with criminal charges, and the time needed to investigate your case, the sooner you contact us the better. Call a Decatur attorney today.
Your Legal Options
You may represent yourself, but this is not recommended unless you have an in-depth comprehension of the law and are ready to navigate the legal system on your own. A viable and advantageous option may be to hire a Decatur attorney who can remain dedicated to your case.
Why You Should Retain a Criminal Defense Decatur Attorney
Every criminal case is inherently different. There may be favorable circumstances, laws, or arguments as well as rights violations which should be taken into consideration by a lawyer. By pinpointing these things, an attorney might be able to mitigate or negate the charge(s) brought against you.
How a Criminal Defense Attorney Might Help You
A criminal defense attorney wears many hats. Aside from gathering important evidence and witness statements, an attorney might be able to:
- Get you a plea bargain
- Negotiate a sentencing program
- Explain to you the reality of the situation along with what to expect
- Educate you on the applicable laws, rules, regulations, and amendments
- Help you to adhere to “unwritten” rules in a particular jurisdiction
- Collect statements, evidence, or any useful information pertaining to your case
- Hire private investigators or expert witnesses
- Ensure no rights violations have occurred
- Determine innocence when best-possible
- Offer you valuable support to you and your loved ones
Regardless of your alleged crime, a Decatur attorney may act as a shoulder to lean on during these trying times.
Questions to Ask an Attorney Decatur GA Trusts
When you speak to an attorney in Decatur, you can have the chance to ask questions or discuss concerns. This consultation is a great opportunity to discuss your needs while getting to know your potential Decatur attorney. Below is a list of questions you might want to discuss.
- Do you have experience in any similar cases?
- Do you frequently negotiate plea deals with the prosecutor in charge of my case?
- What are my legal options?
- Would you recommend a plea deal, a guilty plea, or trial?
- Is there anything that works in my favor?
- Do you see any potential obstacles in my case?
- What can I expect during the process?
- Will you personally represent me in court?
- Will you remain in frequent contact with me?
- How do your fees work?
It is also be a good idea to come to your meetings prepared. Be sure to ask the Decatur attorney about any documents he or she might need to assess your case. Some of these could include:
- Court documents
- Bail papers
- Police paperwork
- A copy of the police report
- Medical documents (if applicable)
- Witnesses contact information (if applicable)
- Photographic evidence (if applicable)
A Decatur attorney might also need to verify that neither they, nor anyone else in the firm, has represented conflicting parties of interest. The majority of questions depend on the unique factors of your particular case.
A DUI Lawyer in Decatur, GA
Have you recently been charged with a DUI? Are you concerned about the financial losses that could result from being found guilty of a DUI? If so, it may be in your best interest to talk with a DUI lawyer from The Lynch Law Group Our firm has been aggressively fighting for clients who are facing repercussions after being caught driving under the influence (DUI). We know how important it is to have a DUI charge reduced or dropped, and you can feel confident in knowing that we will do whatever we can to get the results you’re looking for.
If you are ready to speak with a DUI lawyer, give The Lynch Law Group a call right now.
What a DUI Lawyer May Do For You
DUI charges can be rife with complications. Even though you can ask for a public attorney or represent yourself in front of a judge, one of the best ways to reduce the consequences of the charges is to retain a DUI lawyer.
The Lynch Law Group is the kind of Decatur attorney who can ease your concerns and worries about what might happen as a result of your DUI charge. We’ll explain the legal process and help you understand your rights, as well as:
- How the prosecutor typically handles DUI charges;
- What the investigation might involve;
- Types of evidence that could be used against you;
- Procedural laws for DUIs;
- Potential DUI defenses;
- DUI punishments, sentencing, and fines;
- How the consequences of a DUI might be reduced; and,
- How your case can be appealed in the event of an unfavorable outcome.
First Time Offenses Versus Repeat DUI Offenses
There is a big difference in how a case is handled, charged, and sentenced when this is not your first DUI. In general, a DUI lawyer should be sought if this is not your first offense.
First Time DUI Offense
Whether you plead guilty or not guilty, penalties might include:
- Driver’s license revocation
- Court fees
- Time in jail
- Community service
- Mandatory alcohol education program
- Mandatory rehab
- Criminal conviction
- Criminal record
If you were under the age of 21 or already had a criminal conviction which prohibited you from drinking, the consequences could be different. It may also be possible to partake in a diversion program. If you fail this program, you may still face the original charges and their respective penalties. A Decatur DUI attorney can explain this in further detail.
Repeat DUI Offenses
If this is not your first DUI, you may face a greater risk of being penalized. It is possible, depending on the circumstances of the case, that you will be treated more like a criminal rather than someone who made a mistake. It is prudent you have a Decatur DUI attorney on your side. Penalties may include:
- Long jail or prison sentences
- Loss of a driver’s license
- A criminal record
- Inability to gain certain employment
- Inability to live in certain communities
- Large fines
- Extensive community service
- Mandatory SCRAM bracelet
Scheduling a Free Consultation with The Lynch Law Group
It is your legal right to decline speaking with any law enforcement personnel without an attorney. By enacting this right you could save yourself from making incriminating statements. When you have an attorney in Decatur GA on your side, you can feel confident in knowing your case will be well looked after.
Our firm is proud to provide legal counsel and criminal defense services to regions across Georgia. To schedule a free consultation with a trustworthy Decatur attorney, please call The Lynch Law Group at (404) 373-7735.