DUI Defense Lawyer Atlanta, GA
Our DUI defense lawyer Atlanta, GA residents rely on, knows that facing DUI charges can be incredibly stressful. As you may already know, a DUI charge and subsequent conviction can hold significant consequences, including social stigmatization. This is a primary reason you will want to immediately take the proper steps to manage your DUI after you have been charged. Additionally, contacting our team at The Lynch Law Group is critical as legal support can provide those facing charges with a variety of advantages.
DUI Penalties in Georgia
Penalties for a DUI conviction in Georgia can be severe even if this is your first offense. If convicted, the consequences can carry a significant impact on your life. They may make even the most everyday activities like going to work, picking up your children, or driving to the grocery store incredibly challenging. First-time penalties may include:
- Jail Time
- Up to a Year of Probation
- Legal Fees
- Alcohol Education Courses/Counseling
- Suspension of Driver’s License
- Installation of Ignition Interlock Device
There can be so much riding on a conviction, and it can feel as though the deck has been stacked against you. It would help if you enlisted the assistance of a DUI lawyer who can help review your case and possibly reduce the consequences you may be facing.
Steps to Take After a DUI Charge
Because a DUI can have such a significant impact, immediate action must be taken to ensure the best possible outcome. Our DUI lawyer in Atlanta, GA, shares that ignoring the problem will not make it go away and, in many cases, may even make matters worse. Here are some steps to take after a DUI charge:
- Immediately write down the events that transpired leading up to the traffic stop and beyond. This will provide your lawyer with critical information.
- Make sure you prioritize your court date by making the proper arrangements.
- Do not post any information on your social media accounts.
- Begin the process of finding an experienced lawyer in the area.
If you are facing charges, the time to act is now. Following a DUI charge, you deserve to have your rights protected, starting with gaining skilled legal support.
Reasons a Lawyer is Critical
In many cases, it’s only natural that the thought of hiring a lawyer will give you pause. Many people don’t want the added financial expense that comes with hiring a lawyer. However, it’s essential to know that by obtaining legal counsel, the consequences may be mitigated, which in the long run could save you money over time. Here are some reasons a lawyer will be critical in the wake of a DUI charge:
- DUI lawyers have vast knowledge of DUI law.
- A professional can review your case and determine a strategy for moving forward.
- They will work to have your charges reduced or dropped altogether.
- A lawyer can represent you in both criminal proceedings and administrative proceedings that determine whether your license will be suspended.
The Lynch Law Group provides our clients with the experience and tenacity needed to obtain the best possible outcome. DUI charges can happen to anyone, and at times, it can feel as though all hope is lost. With our services, this doesn’t have to be the case. Our team can help manage the process by investigating your case’s details and protecting your rights throughout the process. The time to act, without hesitation, is now. Contact our Atlanta, GA DUI defense lawyer before it’s too late.