Habeas Corpus

Even if your initial appeal is unsuccessful, you still have another chance to challenge your criminal conviction.  A writ of habeas corpus raises constitutional challenges to your conviction.  You can file a habeas corpus challenge in state court or federal court.  In state court, you are limited to new issues that have not already been litigated in an initial appeal.  In federal court, the opposite is true: you are generally limited to issues that the state courts have already considered.

If you or your loved one has been convicted and would like to learn more about challenging the court’s ruling by appeal contact The Lynch Law Group


Contact Us To Discuss Your Legal Needs.